[INTERVIEW] Sunmi's Interview With Star1


Despite working till late night because of such busy schedule, Sunmi who became the energizer created a great atmosphere at the photoshoot. Although I've done a lot of photoshoot, this photoshoot with Sunmi is one of the top 5. No, actually she's one of the top 3, being the best model and giving the best interview. The reasons that Sunmi's getting prettier day by day is not just her appearance but also her adorable mindset. So today, without unnecessary words, we're taking the train to Sunmi.

Recently your appearance has reached its prime.



To be honest, to be said like so makes me flustered. Ha ha. I'm lucky that when I am on the way to work for music broadcast, the photos taken of me came out nicely so people say that (I'm pretty) a lot. First of all, I changed the way I put on my make-up. In the past, I focused on the black eye-liner, whereas now I put on a lot of shading. Don't they call it 'contouring make-up' overseas? Although I don't do my make-up to that extent, I do shading on my forehead, nose, face and jaw. Also, I think as I used to have darker hair color, that's why my pale skin wasn't well noticed.



I'm curious of Sunmi's make-up all the time.

Um. The most important thing is 'nose-ding'. Puhaha. The sides of my nose are quite rounded. Just like putting on shading on the face, I put 'nose-ding' on the sides of my nose. It's also one of the time that I enjoy the most. It's a kind of make-up that really shows a huge effect on broadcast. It'd be great if a lot of people get to know this. It's a make-up that I positively suggest. Because of it, I get to hear the praises of me being pretty after 9 years. It's all thanks to the president of the make-up (company), really.


I'm also curious if you're the type that doesn't gain weight.


I'm not sure if you'd think it's absurd but I'm not the type that gain weight drastically. (Laugh) My body is always burning. People like me needs to eat every 3 hours. My energy consumes that quick and accumulation is not good either. Though it's just my physique, I guess you can say it runs in the family too? I have two younger brothers and they're both very thin. My family loves to eat but they don't gain weight.



Is there any tips on managing your body?

As I began to wear shoes while dancing since I was young, my pelvis, ankles and knees are not in healthy condition. My backbone is bent too. So I work very hard on fixing those. I really want to do weight exercises, but would that be suitable for me? Um, there're many people whose bodies are originally good. For instance, I'd love to have Sistar Bora's flexibility and healthy body but I don't think that fits my image. I have quite a lot of worries like that. (laugh)


Sunmi's voluminous hair and style is always the talk of the town.


I have hair that doesn't get damaged easily even with frequent dying and fixing by tools. It's said that my hair is quite thick. I've got my hair cut three times now but there're still a lot. That's probably why it looks even more voluminous. Ah, there's another thing that I'd like to recommend besides 'nose-ding'. For people like me who has huge face, having layers (of hair) according to your line of face makes your face look smaller. Slightly drying the hair naturally makes the face look smaller too. Am I like a beauty mentor?



It's not just Sunmi, but all the Wonder Girls members are at the peak of their beauty. Even though this seems a ridiculous question, if you have to change into another members' look, which member do you want to change into?

Hmm. The members have their own individuality. If I have to choose, it'd be Hyelim. Hyelim's eyes are really pretty. They're hollow like westerners so you'll fall for her once you look at her eyes. And she's getting prettier these days. Maybe it's the fact that she has a different image as mine, I want to live with her face for once. Ha ha.


Let's talk about music. The popularity of 'Why So Lonely' is still not dying down.


It was the interview with 'Star1' when I said I wasn't sure about it. If the song turned out great, it'd be good, while if it turned out bad, I could do nothing about that. I was not sure of the response from fans as it's an unfamiliar genre. And the ranking of digital music chart is ever-changing too. As the response is so good, I'm really dazed and amazed. I thought that'd stay for just a while and disappear, as it remains on the #1 spot, we all said that God is helping us. (laugh) We were tired for this promotion but happy nonetheless. We enjoyed it.



What's your feeling of competing with rookies GFRIEND?

Should I describe it as 'being astonished at how much things have changed'? (Laugh) No matter what, they're a group of another generation. Somehow we're standing on the same stage at the same time and singing songs that the public love, the feeling was somewhat odd. And, as an unnie but not sunbae, I was worried for them too as they're still at an age of being confused. That's why when we met, I talked with them. I told them to remember to eat. (Laugh)


There're also some surprising rivals like Unnies and BewhY.


Unnies are a very unique group with a unique song. I enjoyed their performance and music a lot too. I'm passionately supporting (JYP) PD as well. As soon as I listen to BewhY's song, I thought to myself that he's definitely going to do well. BewhY has his own special charisma. I expected it the moment I first listen to his music. I enjoyed Superbee's 'Shark In The Pool', too. I enjoyed the lyrics, and the idea. The melody is very unique too.



What did JYP say when you're nominated for #1? I heard that he also voted through text message for live broadcast.

I got to know that through SNS too. I was thankful of his whole-hearted congratulatory. We're proabably like his kids who has finally grown their wings? On one hand, he probably has mixed feelings as we succeeded with our self-composed song. He probably thinks that these kids are able to do well without me now. Anyhow, he's always a reliable presence to us.


Have you watched 'Train to Busan' that Wonder Girls ex-member Sohee was in?


We watched it with Sohee. She was just sitting next ot me. Ah, and there was a funny episode too. Wasn't there a sad scene at the end? All of our members were crying. I said we shouldn't cry but as expected, all of us cried. (Laugh) And I was going to tell Sohee that the members were crying, but as I turned my head around, Sohee's tearing up too. (Laugh) It's Sohee's movie so her emotion would be different. She'd be reminded of the times she was filming.



How was Sohee's acting?

I saw expressions that I have not seen from Sohee before. She was really cool. Though it's the basis of actors, still I think it came out beautifully. I feel that she threw away her ambition and was just completely focused. I wouldn't be able to do it, although she's my friend, I think she was really cool.


She has become a 10 million actress, did you expect the popularity of the movie?


After watching the trailer, I told Sohee, "Sohee ah, it seems this movie will hit 10 million". It's a genre that was not present. The actors were great too. I also think the people who acted as zombies were the hidden leads too. After watching the movie, I was even more sure that the movie would gain 10 million audience.


There are many fans who are waiting for Sunmi's solo like '24 Hours' and ‘Full Moon'.


I don't know when it will be I think I'm preparing everyday. There're plenty of songs written. The company has its policy so I cannot tell precisely when it will be but I'd like to say that I'm bearing it in mind all the time. I'm grateful toward the fans who never forget and have been waiting.


trans: jypwhispers
Previous
Next Post »